Redcliffe have beaten fellow Dolphins NRL affiliate club, the Capras, in Central Queensland on the weekend.
Redcliffe Dolphins 36 defeated CQ Capras 20
For the Dolphins:
- Centre Robert Jennings opened the scoring for Redcliffe in just the 5th minute
- NRL Development player Jeremiah Simbiken ran for 198 metres with 87 post contact metres
- Mason Teague, Max Plath and Harrison Graham all turned out for Redcliffe
- Redcliffe sit in 7th position and have clawed their points difference back to -10
For the Capras:
- Anthony Milford racked up 128 running metres, the equal third highest Capra for the match along with 2 try assists and 7 tackle breaks
- Edrick Lee, Kurt Donoghoe, JJ Collins and Oliver Gildart all turned out for the Capras
- The Capras have slipped to 4th but are just two points shy of first position
What the coach said
"It was a great occasion to go up to CQ and play against the Capras as we’re both affiliates, so there was a great build up, plenty of banter and good footy.
"We had some really strong performances from Albert Kelly, Trai Fuller and Jeremiah Simbiken in particular.
"We came in with a physical approach which helped us early, we competed hard for tries off kicks but to their credit, they came roaring home, as we knew they would.
"It’s a good build up for us leading into next week playing at Suncorp Stadium, that'll be another big occasion for us.
"It's the first time we'll play as a curtain raiser to the Dolphins so it’s a nice blast from the past where parents and kids can get out and cheer us on as well." - Ben Te'o, Redcliffe Dolphins Coach.
"Firstly, a credit to how the Redcliffe Dolphins played on the weekend.
"We didn’t start well and we couldn’t control our errors in the first half.
"I was happier with the second half but due to the form of Redcliffe we couldn’t catch them on the scoreboard.
"A big congratulations to Jack Madden playing his 100th Queensland Cup game on the weekend." - David Faiumu, CQ Capras Coach.
Up next for Redcliffe Dolphins
Redcliffe will now host the Cutters on Saturday night at Suncorp Stadium as the curtain raiser before Dolphins v Storm.
Up next for CQ Capras
The Capras will host the Sunshine Coast Falcons on Saturday afternoon with both teams on 14 points jostling for position at the top of the table.