Bulldogs recruit Connor Tracey suffered a leg injury in his final training session with the Sharks and will be unable to train with his new team-mates for six weeks.
Canterbury GM of football Phil Gould revealed on social media that Tracey would not start running until mid-January after suffering the injury before his switch of clubs was finalised on Tuesday.
"Unfortunately Connor injured himself at Sharks training on Monday. Not ideal. But we will get him 100% right and he should be ready to trial in February," Gould said. "He can play anywhere in the backline."
Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan is sidelined from pre-season training by a broken thumb as well as an ankle injury.
Sloan suffered a syndesmosis injury playing in the Koori Knockout in October and later broke his thumb, ruling out of training until mid-December.
“We've had a major, major hiccup with him suffering a syndesmosis in the [Koori] Knockout, which is unfortunate, and then he broke his thumb so everything I had planned for him in early December went out the window, but we'll get there," Flanagan told NRL.com in a wide-ranging interview about his plans for the Dragons.
Teenage Bulldogs playmaker Karl Oloapu is yet to decide whether to undergo surgery for a neck injury that has placed his immediate playing future in doubt.
Oloapu made his NRL debut for Canterbury last season but there is uncertainty about when the 18-year-old will play his next game after being told he requires surgery for a bulging disc.
English international Kai Pearce-Paul is set for surgery on a toe injury he has been managing for more than 12 months before moving to Newcastle.
Casualty Ward By Club
Knights officials confirmed that after reviews by their medical and performance team it was decided that surgery was the best course of action for the 22-year-old forward.
Pearce-Paul, who has joined the Knights from Wigan, was due to commence official training and club commitments on November 23 with an eye to being available for selection in the early rounds of the 2024 season.
At Manly, experienced prop Matt Lodge is progressing well in his recovery from a knee injury suffered in Round 23 against the Roosters.
"Matt has been working really diligently reconditioning his knee in preparing to come back," said Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold.
“We are looking forward to seeing him back on the field somewhere between rounds four and eight."
Eels prop Wiremu Greig has been restricted to light training as a load management measure, following a stress reaction in the foot he injured last season.
Greig will aim to resume full training in the New Year alongside skipper Clint Gutherson (knee), Junior Paulo (toe), Daejarn Asi (finger) and Makahesi Makatoa (pectoral).
Storm star Ryan Papenhuyzen is heading back to the USA in December to work with reconditioning specialist Bill Knowles as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle injury.
Papenhuyzen spent time with Knowles in Philadelphia last January as he worked his way back from a fractured kneecap suffered late in the 2022 season against Canberra.
"Paps is going really well, his recovery has been solid," Storm CEO Justin Rodski said. "He is heading back to see Bill Knowles and he is doing that of his own accord. It's something he felt really passionate about.
"By all accounts he will be back running in January and everything going well he's every chance to be back for Round 1."
The Storm also expect winger Xavier Coates to be back training at the start of December after he suffered an ankle injury in the same game as Papenhuyzen.
New Roosters recruit Dom Young was ruled out of England's Test series against Tonga after a sinus infection spread throughout his head and forced him to be hospitalised. Young is reported to be on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery in time for his new club's 2024 season opener in Las Vegas.
To view the complete NRL Casualty Ward, please visit the hub page.
Your club's NRL Casualty Ward
Chemist Warehouse Casualty Ward
- Xavier Willison (ankle, season)
- Corey Horsburgh (suspended, season)
- Corey Harawira-Naera (seizure/medical, indefinite)
- Josh Papalii (biceps, pre-season)
- Seb Kris (suspended, season)
- Jacob Preston (shoulder, pre-season)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (hamstring, pre-season)
- Karl Oloapu (neck, indefinite)
- Kade Dykes (knee, pre-season)
- Tom Gilbert (shoulder, pre-season)
- Connelly Lemuelu (knee, TBC)
- Harrison Graham (groin, season)
- Robert Jennings (knee, season)
- Ray Stone (toe, season)
- Edrick Lee (ankle, season)
- Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder, season)
- Jojo Fifita (ankle, season)
- Chris Randall (shoulder, season)
- Isaac Liu (finger, season)
- Jayden Campbell (knee, season)
- Phil Sami (foot, season)
- Sam Verrills (shoulder, season)
- Tanah Boyd (shoulder, season)
- Erin Clark (shoulder, season)
- Beau Fermor (knee, season)
- Tom Trbojevic (pectoral, Round 1)
- Matt Lodge (knee, Round 4-8)
- Christian Tuipulotu (knee, season)
- Taniela Paseka (knee, season)
- Josh Aloiai (shoulder, season)
- Karl Lawton (shoulder, season)
- Reuben Garrick (back, season)
- Ryan Papenhuyzen (ankle, Round 1)
- Xavier Coates (ankle, pre-season)
- Justin Olam (knee, season)
- Alec MacDonald (hamstring, season)
- Kai Pearce-Paul (toe, pre-seson training)
- Phoenix Crossland (knee, season)
- Daniel Saifiti (hamstring, season)
- Jackson Hastings (ankle, season)
- Krystian Mapapalangi (shoulder, season)
- Jayden Brailey (knee, season)
- Jeremiah Nanai (shoulder, season)
- Semi Valemei (knee, season)
- Valentine Holmes (suspended, season)
- Tom Chester (knee, season)
- Makahesi Makatoa (pectoral, pre-season)
- Clint Gutherson (knee, pre-season)
- Zac Cini (hand, pre-season)
- Matt Doorey (ankle, pre-season)
- Junior Paulo (toe, pre-season)
- Daejarn Asi (finger, pre-season)
- Mitchell Moses (eye socket, pre-season)
- Wiremu Greig (foot, Pre-Season Challenge)
- Arthur Miller-Stephen (knee, 2025)
- Sunia Turuva (calf, TBC)
- Jarome Luai (shoulder, season)
- Nathan Cleary (finger, season)
- Taylan May (knee, season)
- Cameron Murray (tendonitis, TBC)
- Thomas Burgess (suspension, season)
- Latrell Mitchell (suspension, season)
- Tyrell Sloan (ankle/thumb, mid-December)
- Jaydn Su'A (shoulder, pre-season trials)
- Jack Bird (shoulder, pre-season trials)
- Sione Finau (ankle, season)
- Cody Ramsey (illness, indefinite)
- Talatau Amone (stood down, indefinite)
- Joseph-Aukuso Suaali'i (concussion, season)
- Connor Watson (knee, season)
- Sitili Tupouniua (neck, season)
- Billy Smith (jaw, season)
- Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (suspended, season)
- Luke Metcalf (hamstring, pre-season)
- Demitric Sifakula (knee, mid-2024)
- Adam Doueihi (knee, next season)