Finding the Ground Technique
- Pad Work (using bump pads)
- Bump – land short / elbows & knees (no resistance) – Play the ball
- Bump and spin – find the ground – Play the ball
- Bump – leg drive – find the ground - Play the ball
- Above activities using 2 pads (2 defenders)
Allow players to explore which method best suits so they may find the ground quickly.
Safe landing - encourage your players to land safely by finding their front (elbow / forearms and knees).
This will also assist in the player's preparation for a better play the ball.